Panasonic Heat Pumps
A heat pump simply takes renewable energy from the ground in the form of heat from the ground, or cool air from the outdoors and increases its temperature. This is then heated to the correct temperature for the home and warm air or water is created. Panasonic heat pumps are available in both air-to-air, and air-to-water systems.
They can supply domestic hot water and space heating through an air conditioning system in both domestic and commercial settings. Heat Pumps Scotland are experts in Panasonic air source heat pumps and heat pump installation and Panasonic heat pump maintenance.
How do Panasonic Heat Pumps work?
- The heat source is blown or pumped over the heat exchange system which is visible on the outside of the premises.
- This heat, though cold by our standards is warm enough to cause the special refrigerant liquid to evaporate and turn into a gas.
- The gas is put through a compressor which increases its pressure. This causes the temperature to rise. An example of this is when a bicycle pump warms up as it’s used. This is another example of compression.
- The now heated gas is passed over the internal heating system. This is moved through the property through an air-system or the central heating and hot water system.
- As the temperature of the gas falls the heat is transferred to the home/commercial property and returns to liquid.
- The refrigerant returns to the outside heat exchange and the process begins once more.
Request a quote
Domestic Panasonic Heat Pumps
Panasonic heat pumps have been revolutionising the way we heat properties for years but have recently launched their latest low-energy heat pump system for domestic use.
These systems allow users to enjoy hot water in their taps and radiators harnessing cold air from outside. These technologically advanced systems will work even during Scotland’s bitter winters. Panasonic heat pumps are an eco-friendly, cheap and safe way to heat your home when compared to traditional electrical, gas and oil heating systems.
The system works by using an outdoor unit that can even be retrofitted to the existing central heating system.
Benefits of heating and domestic hot water with the Panasonic Aquarea air to water air source heat pump Scotland:
- Heating, cooling and domestic hot water produced with a single system.
- Best in terms of efficiency: even at extreme outdoor temperatures.
- Environmentally friendly: can be connected to solar panels.
- Technology that adapts to each home: extreme low temp, high temperature, whatever the climate.
- Wide range of solutions: floor heating, radiators and fan coils.
- Low running costs: benefit from low energy bills.
Panasonic Aquarea air to water heat pumps
All in One
This system is ideal for small spaces; it produces both hot and cold water and stores 200l of domestic hot water. This is a highly efficient solution and easy to install.
This system is s single outdoor unit that supplies water for cooling, heating and/or for storing domestic hot water. This only has an outdoor unit. The installation doesn’t require a refrigerated connection and is only connected to the heating and/or hot water.
A two-part system of an outdoor and indoor unit to supply cooling, heating and/ or for storing domestic hot water with a wide range that adapts to suit any home
Panasonic Aquarea air to air heat pumps
The brand have also developed a range of air to air heat pumps designed to cool homes and purify your surroundings in an eco-friendly way.
Domestic Single System
Systems for use in domestic applications with 1 to 1 combinations (1 indoor and 1 outdoor unit), can be used with a variety of indoor units: Wall Mounted, Cassette, Duct, Floor Console.
Domestic Free Multi System
With combinations of 2 to 5 indoor units (including wall mounted, cassette, ducted and floor standing systems). For maximum flexibility and customisation the Free Multi has the answer.
Benefits of Panasonic air to air heat pumps
- Enjoy the highest level of comfort in your home with the least amount of energy used.
- Panasonic air to air heat pumps produce air that is free of viruses, pollen, bacteria and odour.
- We are experts at Panasonic heat pump installation; no matter the size of your property we can advise the best Panasonic heat pump for you.
- Panasonic air to air heat pumps provide the optimum temperature for comfortable living. The systems cool in summer and heat perfectly in winter.
- From 1 to 5 indoor units with a single outdoor unit.
- Indoor units: wall mounted, cassette, ducted and floor standing systems.
- Heating and cooling reliable operation in any climate conditions.
- Compact and nice design suitable for any home.
- Improve your surroundings with super quiet operation.
- Adjust power to suit your living spaces and styles.
Why Choose a Panasonic Heat Pump?
Panasonic’s Aquarea range is an eco-friendly heating and air-conditioning system. It uses completely renewable energy – from the ground or air to create heat in the home. These systems are a great alternative to traditional fossil fuel boilers.
- Reduced heating bills and maintenance costs.
- Savings of up to £1,100 a year are possible.
- Reduce your carbon footprint.
- Simple to integrate into most heating systems. Heat Pumps Scotland are experts in Panasonic heat pump installation.
- Energy efficient alternative to oil, LPG and electric systems.
- Highly compatible with other energy efficient energy sources eg solar panels.
- Provides sustainable heating, cooling and hot water for your home.
- 30%-40% reduction in annual energy bills.
- Ideal for properties without access to mains gas.
- Operates even in freezing temperatures (-20 °C).
Panasonic Aquarea Heat Pump Maintenance
Like all heating and cooling systems, proper maintenance is vital to ensure it runs efficiently. Failing to do this can lead to a loss of efficiency of up to 10% to 25%. Heat Pumps Scotland can provide expert Panasonic Heat Pump Maintenance.
- Inspect ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions.
- Diagnose and seal duct leakage.
- Verify adequate airflow by measurement.
- Verify correct refrigerant charge by measurement.
- Check for refrigerant leaks.
- Inspect electric terminals, and, if necessary, clean and tighten connections, and apply nonconductive coating.
- Lubricate motors, and inspect belts for tightness and wear.
- Verify correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa
- Verify correct thermostat operation
How Much Does a Panasonic Heat Pump Cost?
Air source heat pumps can cost as little as £6,000, and round source heat pumps can cost as little as £9,000. Running costs vary, as with any central heating system it is dependent on the size of property and consumer usage.
Commercial Panasonic Heat Pumps
Panasonic have created some top of the range air to air commercial heat pumps. These are highly efficient, low energy systems which are committed to benefiting the environment. What’s more, each system comes with special inverter compressors which optimise the efficiency and reduce running costs.
How to Reduce your Carbon Footprint with Panasonic Heat Pumps
A heat pump is a great way to reduce your company’s energy consumption. Of course, this system is run through electricity so there will be some energy used by the system, but by replacing the fuel your business currently uses with a renewable source will mean you will continue to only use a fraction of the energy you once used.
It’s likely your current heating system is inefficient, especially if it is over 10 years old. This means wasted energy and money. A brand new, innovative system will offer lower running costs thanks to the highly efficient nature of Panasonic Heat Pumps. This will benefit the planet, and also the environment.
Today working towards sustainability at the corporate level is very important. 86% of Guardian readers like buying products from companies that give something back to society and 84% think that companies should be penalised for failing to care for the environment.
It’s important that once your heat pump is installed it’s monitored properly; this will help reduce overall running costs and avoid wasted energy.
Commercial Panasonic heat pumps come with highly effective controls which allow for zone controls across your premises. This is a great way to reduce energy consumption.
Proper control of the thermostat will allow you to make savings. A useful tip is to set the temperature slightly lower, but have the heating system come on a few hours early. This will allow your workers to still feel comfortable but reduce wasted energy.
What types of Panasonic Commercial Heat Pumps are there?
For new installations and low consumption commercial properties.
Commercial PACi Twin, Triple and Double-Twin System
This is a green energy system which works with existing radiators in the premises.
This air-to-air system works in very low temperatures.
Benefits of Panasonic air to air Heat Pumps – Commercial
Panasonic’s air to air heat pumps are highly efficient
No matter the size of your commercial property we can advise of a Panasonic heat pump that works for your environment thanks to their extensive range.
New Panasonic air source heat pumps enjoy increased connectivity which allows users to have complete control over their installed systems.
Renewable Heat Incentive
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a UK Government scheme set up to encourage uptake of renewable heat technologies amongst householders, communities and businesses through quarterly monetary incentives.
This incentive was put in place to help home and business owners meet the government’s ambitious targets of 12% of heating coming from renewable sources by 2020. Installing a Panasonic air source heat pump is a great way to gain financial benefits and help the planet at the same time.
Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive
Under the UK Government’s domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme, you could receive quarterly cash payments over seven years if you install or have already installed an eligible renewable heating technology. Renewable heat generated by heat pumps is based on an estimate of the heat demand from an expert EPC combined with an estimate of the heat pump’s efficiency.
- Premises with a home office and can procure a domestic EPC will be eligible for the Domestic RHI.
- Premises with one main house and a self-contained outbuilding which own their own separate EPCs, though both heated by one heat pump would not be eligible for the Domestic RHI.
The current tariff (valid until end September 2016) is:
- 19.33p per kWh – Ground source heat pump
- 7.51p per kWh – Air source heat pumps
Technologies supported by the RHI scheme:
- Ground to water heat pumps
- Air to water heat pumps
Please note: Panasonic air to air heat pumps are not covered by the RHI scheme.
To apply you will need
- MCS installation certificate number for the heating system.
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) number.
- Bank details.
Heat Pumps Scotland are a fully accredited company who can provide you with the necessary documentation for attaining the Renewable Heat Incentive funds once your Panasonic heat pump is installed.